Sunday, May 27, 2007

Long IF

Time: 40:00
Distance: 6 mi.

This sort of feels like the first run of the rest of my life. For the first time I don't know what my goals are or what the purpose of my running is... at the same time, for the first time, I have the freedom to determine both of those things. In the short term, I think that I want to jump in a road or track 5k. In the medium term, I want to stay in shape and shoot for the CVS Downtown 5k in Providence this fall to try to make the Ivy Ekiden team. In the long term... marathon? Get in really good 5k shape by next spring? Barring two fairly unlikely events (someone not declaring in the NCAA Midwest region in the 5k and being granted a 6th year for cross country), my collegiate career is ovah.

Felt okay on the run after a long day of travel... still a bit sore. Haven't been sleeping great, so it's not too surprising that I haven't really recovered well.

Also, I'm running in an almost new pair of Nike Elite 3s... by far the best Nike trainer I've had.

No comments: