Sunday, July 8, 2007

Cannonball Run 5k

Time: 65:30
Distance: 10 mi.
Race: Road 5k - 15:29 (1st)


Place Name City Time Pace
1 Owen Washburn 15:29.0 5:00/M
2 Erik Nedeau Belchertown MA 16:12.0 5:14/M

Lucky to find this 5k in Belchertown this weekend... been feeling like I needed a bit of a hard effort for a while now. Thought Nedeau would probably be here and be the only competition, which was certainly the case. He took it out hard in the first mile which was mostly downhill and I followed him to just about 2 miles as the pace was still good and I didn't really know the course. Just before 2 miles there is a decently long (.3 mi according to the meet website) hill and I took it pretty hard up that back to the flat finish on the town common. Mile splits something like 4:40, 5:20, 5:00. Felt surprisingly easy and good given both no speed work and the long week of travel and lack of sleep I've had.

Full results here.

No comments: