Sunday, July 27, 2008

Moody Bridge, Bike Path Loop

Time: 105:42
Distance: 16.75
Map


Bridge over the bike path near Amherst College

Looking to get going with more steady-paced long runs I did a loop that included 7 miles back towards the house on the Amherst Rail Trail bike path. To get out there I ran out on Moody Bridge Road to Bay Road and across Route 9. I was shooting to connect with the bike path on West Street, but went one road early by accident and had to head up Route 9 one block to get to the right spot. I thought there were mile markers all the way out on the bike path, but could only find the last three. Once I turned onto the bike path I also tried out eating a Clif Shot Gel packet over the course of about 5 minutes, which went surprisingly well.

The first part of the run, to the bike path, was 8+ miles averaging 6:32 pace. The second part on the bike path, exactly 7.0 miles, was 6:04 pace (last three miles in 5:58, 5:56, 5:49). Finally I jogged up the steep hill on Station Road and finished the last mile in Amherst Woods under 6:10.

Also, Jilane sent me a LetsRun thread with some Duckberg All-Stars shout-outs.

No comments: