Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Brant Point Runners 5k

Time: 62:00
Distance: 9.5 mi.

Goal: run hard, win, enjoy getting on the line with TAW
Race: 1st, 16:25.9 (5:32.5, 5:14.4, 5:08.2)


The race goes near Brant Point and the Brant Point Lighthouse

Taylor was invited by someone who saw him running to hit up this "road race" which seems more like a weekly fun run put on by the Brant Point Runners club. We really had no idea what to expect and when I got there I had to tell the woman I signed up with that, no, I did not know my way around and, yes, I did expect to be near the front. Oh, and there was no pace car/bike and they didn't close off the roads. And the course record was "either 16 or 17." There don't seem to be any results online, but the next guy was 18:10ish and then Taylor was third in 18:20-30. I ran the first 1/2 to 3/4 miles with the other leaders and then took off.

No comments: