Saturday, October 20, 2007

2 x 4 Mile Tempo

Time: 65:00
Distance: 10 mi.

Target: 2 x 4 mile tempo, 21:00-21:20, 90 sec rest
Workout: 1 x 4 mile tempo, 21:07

The target was a repeat of the Sept. 21 2 x 4 mile tempo on Town Lake, but with no 300s at the end and a little faster. Vig cut it short after the first one despite everyone being on because... "trust me, you guys are fine." He was a little bit ambivalent about two decently hard workouts this week when I talked to him about training last weekend, so I guess I'm not really surprised.

I would've liked to have done the whole workout and was definitely ready to do it, despite a few of the guys looking a little flat coming off travel last weekend and Tuesday's workout. We were a little slow through the mile, and I took the pace through most of the rest of it keeping us right on track... it would've been significantly faster than we did it earlier if we had finished it out.

Right glute was pretty sore, and I was stretching it out during our rest when Vig called the workout.

No comments: