Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I got the Timbos on the toes and this is how it goes


Old School ARHS XC (circa-1998?)

I've been listening to a lot of old Beastie Boys lately which really takes me back to high school cross country... group singing Paul Revere (YouTube) on the bus to and from meets (made Gould-friendly by drowning out the "whiffle ball bat" business), rocking Hello Nasty (Wikipedia) (which had just come out) during the push-up circle, using the "Ali Baba" section of Rhymin' and Stealin' (Wikipeda... look in the "other media" section) for the pre-race chant, and hearing Alex Keene rapping Get It Together (song and samples).

2 comments:

Tom Floss said...

Is it sad that I still regularly listen to those songs on my ipod?

Owen said...

It better not be, 'cause I'm listening to Licensed to Ill right now!