Friday, August 10, 2007

RCP North

Time: 81:36
Distance: 12 mi.

After some bitching to Jilane about running early in the morning, headed out into Rock Creek Park. Went north on some of the "middle" trails (where I went on my first few runs here) and looped around a little bit. Definitely been taking a little bit to wake up, but once I got rolling I felt pretty good. Not having anyone to run with is getting pretty old... hopefully Ben will have recovered from his foot-burning episode by the time he's back from vacation on Monday.

On a somewhat unrelated note, Ian Dobson hits the nail on the head in his latest NYRR journal post:

I think optimism is way overrated. Too much optimism means you’re going to be disappointed. But enough pessimism ensures that more often than not you’re going to be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: