Sunday, August 19, 2007

Week In Review

Time: 676:22
Distance: 100 mi.

"Runners like to train 100 miles per week because it's a round number. But I think 88 is a lot rounder." -Don Kardong
Overall a very good week of training... 100 miles on the dot (I promise I didn't plan that) in just 8 runs. I've been counting miles pretty conservatively, as shown by the pace average for the week being about 6:45, but as has been the case for the entire summer I have been actively trying to keep the pace relatively chill while I'm building up and the hilly trails aren't conducive to killing the pace. Running with guys like Nick, Bogden and Peisch definitely helps, and even better, it's been great to have such good running company. Not sure how things will go next week, but I'm not going to try to push it too much. It will definitely be a lower week, and I'm totally cool with that. Take it a day at a time, and get in a good long run and hopefully a workout.

One more week 'til Austin and things really start rolling. Getting very excited... the workout helped that.

No comments: