Wednesday, August 8, 2007

RCP Superloop

Time: 94:13
Distance: 14 mi.

"I've been all over the world, and let me tell you: Washington, DC is the hottest place on it." - John Gregorek


A hazy early-morning view over RCP from Maryland

Given that there was a "heat advisory" for yesterday and today, tried to get out the door a little bit early, and it was still dark when I was heading out. Even at 6am the humidity feels (and looks) like a thick fog. Because there was no direct sun while I was out, it never got too bad, but I was sweating a lot. Skipped a bit of the first trails because it was too dark to navigate them.. hopped on the Valley Trail past the police station. Heading south on the Western Ridge Trail I am fairly sure that I passed DC Mayor Adrian Fenty, who is apparently an avid runner.

Minor soreness in knees and feet. My feeling is that these both result from the Motos not being stiff enough... I pronate some in them and either they're sloppy loose or I get soreness on the top of my feet from tying them too tight.

No comments: