Friday, February 1, 2008

IF

Time: 30:00
Distance: 4 mi.

Easy jog on the intramural fields before dinner. Legs tight, but not too sore.


Nike Air Zoom Elite 4

Broke out a new pair of shoes: Nike's new Air Zoom Elite 4. The construction of the shoe has not changed much since the last version, which I've been wearing since last spring. The upper is slightly remodeled, but does not change the fit significantly. The midsole is almost (if not completely) identical. After one run it feels like this model runs slightly longer--good for me, as my left food is ever so slightly longer than my right.

For my Asics, Brooks and Mizuno wearing friends... yes, I do agree that in general your preferred brand makes higher quality running shoes than Nike. However, this shoe (while not the most durable I've ever worn) fits great and is a good combination of cushion and lightweight support. When Nike screws this shoe up in its next incarnation I'll be back in the Landreth or try out the Axiom or Elixer, I'm sure.

No comments: